Whether you want to build your own website or business, you can easily do that by using the right tools and resources. This website design guide will help you build a website from scratch without spending money on freelancers, agencies, or website builders.
- The domain name (your custom web address, www.YourSite.com)
- Website hosting (an app hosting your website)
- WordPress (free, widely used website platform)
- Blogspot (Free)
Do you know how to create a website for free? To create a fully functional website, you will need to protect the domain name (web address) and web hosting account. These two ensure that your website is completely accessible to others. Without one or more, you will not be able to set up a website.
Once you have a domain and hosting, you can build a WordPress website. WordPress is the most popular website building platform used by 39% of all Internet websites. Setting up a WordPress site is usually a simple, one-click process using your web hosting service.
Create Your Blog pages
The good news is that the blog page is already designed for you. This happened while installing WordPress and Neve themes.
- Adding new blog posts: To add a new blog post, simply go to “Post → Add New.”
- add post
Does this meeting remind you of anything? Yes, this is the same editorial we used when creating standard pages. It’s easy!
Set the Navigation Menu
With the wide range of beautiful pages created, the next step in our efforts on how to build a website is to set up your navigation (website menu). How to build a website: create a menu? Learn first how to create your own step-by-step menu.
Website Menu Creation Process
Start by adding a title. The menu title doesn’t matter, but it helps to see your menu among other menus (yes, you can have more than one).
- Select pages to add to your menu.
- Drag and drop menu items to organize links in order of importance.
- Select the location to display the menu. This varies from theme to theme, in this case, set your menu in the “Main” area to display the menu in the header.
- Lastly, save your menu.
In this section, you will see your menu on the homepage in all its glory.