One very interesting fact about QuickBooks is it can help you handle all your business financial and accounting tasks with ease. It is a handy, quite convenient, and quick tool to calculate cash flow, year and month-end data, and track performance too. With well design feature, enriched with top-rated programs, medium and small-scale businesses prefer to use it. But, as the software is made up of many coding and procedures, you will surely face issues and problems associated with it.
When you download the latest QuickBooks version and install it on your desktop, you are prone to get caught up and encountering a very stubborn error called 80029c4a. This error is an unexpected error that is usually experienced when accessing company files. This is the most common, critical issue face by QuickBooks users as soon as they open the company file.
The error 80029c4a is a major problem of concern that arises due to several reasons.
- The damaged file mentioned in the wrong window register.
- The virus has attacked your QuickBooks, making the file corrupt.
- Updates have been made to any 3rd party security software that is installed on your device.
The Major Reasons for Error 80029c4a
- Intuit provides you with a basic understanding of why the error has occurred and what situation made it pretty complicated. Here are the top 3 major causes of the error which has to be addressed on time.
- The Internet security update that was seen under Microsoft was a result of the modification or deletion of QB typelib.dll files.
- The registry files that were stored under Desktop was damaged or probably lost.
- QuickBooks file gets damaged due to malicious content or any other reason by Installed Antivirus software.
QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
When the damage or removal occurs for more than 1 file in QuickBooks, that’s when the error code occurs. This also occurs when an Anti-virus program has been mistakenly deleted from the program.
This particular QuickBooks error code showcases that an infection or unwanted problem has been found in the software. This blunder will bring in a lot of challenges for you to make use of your software.
How to fix 40089c4a Error?
If you are using the older version of QuickBooks, then you should update to a new version. The chances are, your error will be resolved in no time if you update it. However, even after an update you face the issue and the error keeps popping up, then you can try some of the solutions mentioned below to get rid of the error.
Clean Install of your QuickBooks software
You can make a clean installing or reinstalling of your software to remove the bug. It will for sure help you get rid of the problem and if there are any possible updated, you have to download the newer ones and enjoy a fresh version of it.
- To start with the process, REINSTALL your QuickBooks software (make sure you have removed the QuickBooks from your system before installing it again)
- Once the software is installed, check if any latest updates need your attention, if any, then do it.
- After the update, navigate to the File menu and then choose the ‘CLOSE COMPANY/LOG-OFF’
- Then, Exit the screen, make a right-click on your QuickBooks desktop, and then [ click it to ‘RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR’
- Here, you have to give attention to whether the ‘NO COMPANY OPEN’ message is provided on your display screen
- If not, click on the Help option in your window and then navigate to update QuickBooks in the option.
- Then, move ahead and select Mark All and then save it
- You have to update to a new version so choose Update now and also Reset updates
- Once you have seen the update completed, you can close the QuickBooks software to restart it
- A message will pop up saying ‘Install’ so click Yes to Install
- Restart your computer
Check for Antivirus too
If you think the above program mentioned didn’t work fine, you can still be able to resolve it by looking at the Anti-Virus program. Check if the Anti-Virus has quarantined your QuickBooks file.
This error occurs in rare cases only, and you can’t say that it is a very common error. However, in case such an error occurs, you can still solve it by restarting your computer and reinstalling it. If the problem persists, you can seek the assistance of customer support and get it done. QuickBooks showcase great opportunity for the business of small and medium-size to handle account and finances. So, if in case you are unable to use the software, you can resolve it in various ways and get rid of it.